5th Grade Parents/ Students Click HERE!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does it cost? The dues for participation are $30. The cost of the instrument depends on if it is purchased or rented from one of our vendors (You can rent for cheaper than it costs your family to eat at Chick Fil A once each month). The method book costs between $10- $12.
2. When does the band class meet? During enrichment time at school each day.
3. What is the commitment? No after school rehearsals! No more than 4 required evening performances the entire school year. A minimum of 20 minutes of practice 5 days each week is expected of all beginning band students.
4. What will my student learn? They will learn to not only play a musical instrument, but they will also learn to read musical manuscript. They will also learn how to be successful both inside and outside the band room.
5. Do we just select an instrument to play? The beginning band program likes to fit each student to an instrument like we would fit our feet into a pair of shoes. Some instruments are great fits. Some do not fit at all. Dates for fitting and sale/rental events are forthcoming.
6. Will band interfere with my other activities? Remember. We will only require a max of four evenings the entire school year coupled with 20 minutes of daily practice at home. That's it! That means you can still play your sport, go to scouts, dance at the studio, etc... and be in the band!!
7. How do I sign my student up? Fill out the Enrollment Form found in the Forms section of this website or click HERE. Then turn it in to the front office of your school as soon as we open back up.